I avoided having a membership to Costco for the longest time. I didn’t want to have to pay a yearly membership, for one thing, and I’d heard a few stories about impulse shopping and buying a large quantity of one item only to never use it. My in-laws have given us 10 of an item on more than one occasion when it turned out they didn’t care for the item they’d bought, since many of the canned goods come in cases of one dozen count.
About five years ago I was given the responsibility of doing a good portion of the shopping for my employer, and Costco is one of the places we frequent. I would say I shop there at least once every two to three months. Since I was given a card in my name, this also gave me an opportunity to learn what the stores carried. Interestingly the items you find at one Costco might not be available at another.
As a result of shopping for my employer, I have found a number of items that I always buy from Costco (unless we can find them on sale elsewhere) because the price is better than at the regular grocery store.
Here are those items:
- Kirkland Brand Rice and Lamb Cat Food 25 pounds $16.39
- Ziploc Brand Gallon Freezer Bags 152 bags $10.45
- Ziploc Brand Quart Freezer Bags 216 bags $9.25
- Ziploc Brand Sandwich Bags 500 bags $7.99
- Kirkland Brand 33 Gallon Drawstring Trash Bags 90 count $13.99
- Kirkland Brand 13 Gallon Drawstring Trash Bags 200 count $11.99
- Baking Yeast 2# $3.95
- Kirkland Brand AA Batteries 48 count $9.98
- Kirkland Brand AAA Batteries 48 count $12.99
- Onions 10# bag $4.29
- Organic Frozen Green Beans 5# bag $6.19
- Frozen Cauliflower, Broccoli, Carrots and Yellow Carrots 5# bag $4.99
- Exam Gloves (we use them for various things around the house: cooking purposes like cutting up meat, cleaning toilets, Mr. A uses them for changing oil, and he also buys them for his business) $14.99
- Avocados 5 per bag $5.99
- Kirkland Brand Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter 4 pounds $7.99
- Fresh Spinach 2.5# bag $3.99
- Fresh Whole Mushrooms 24 ounces $3.99
- Fresh Organic Carrots 10# $4.59
- 5 dozen large eggs $4.89
Share in the comments below, if you shop Costco, what do you buy?