This week I participated in the Carnival of Money Stories #42 hosted by Personal Finance by the Book which included my post: Happy Valentine’s Day. Thanks for for including me, Joe!
Some posts that I liked at the CoMS2:
- Super Saver presents Why We Chose a 30 Year Mortgage posted at My Wealth Builder. I like hearing how people come to their decisions on various financial matters.
- PT presents Fun, Frugal, Family and Friends Outings posted at PT Money. I love the idea of meeting friends to walk!
- Julie Sherrier presents The credit card fraud detection conundrum posted at Taking Charge. I’m always glad when the cashier asks for my identification. My boss will not sign the back of her cards, and this article says writing “SEE ID” is not valid. It seems to me that signing the back of your card only makes it easier to use without proving who you are.
- Bucksome presents Close Encounters of the Pothole Kind posted at Buck$omeboomer’s Financial Path to Retirement. OUCH.
Some other posts of interest around the blogosphere:
- I Pick Up Pennies has revamped her site and has a grand re-opening going on today! Several prizes, with a chance to win a $100 Amazon Gift Certificate! Congratulations, Abigail!
- You May Be Married, But Are You Truly Engaged? by Brad Chaffee from Enemy of Debt guest blogging at Engaged Marriage. Great post about talking to your spouse about your finances and making sure you are on the same page.
- Five Cent Nickel wonders if JD at Get Rich Slowly is correct about taxes not being an issue regarding JD’s housekeeper in Independent Contractor vs. Employee: What’s the Difference?
- And that led me to the article at Get Rich Slowly by JD’s wife, Kris: How I Made Peace With Hiring a Housekeeper. Kris brings up some great points and the stigma connected to having a housekeeper. We outsource lots of stuff in our lives; it’s okay to have a pool guy, outsource the production of the food you buy, eat at a restaurant, hire someone to do your yard, but boy howdy, if you want a maid then you must be lazy. Not so!
- Funny About Money won the first round at Free Money Finance’s March Madness Competition with her post Truth, The Highest Thing. The second round is underway here. Congratulations, Funny!
I’ve got a busy weekend – I’m going to attend the shower of one of my friends who is carrying triplets! I’m making three of these today: BEV’S Stripey Newborn or Preemie HAT. Actually I already made the first one last night – it took me just about two hours to crochet it, I just have to stitch up the seam.
How was your week?
OUT OF DEBT AGAIN is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to AMAZON.COM. OUT OF DEBT AGAIN is an affiliate for several companies and may be compensated through advertising and marketing channels. This post may contain affiliate links.