Auto insurance is one of those things you are required to have if you are going to drive a car. Even if you currently have an agent, you can still shop around easily by using the Internet.
I save money on auto insurance in two ways: 1) I pay in six month increments, and 2) I check around each time to make sure I’m getting the best deal. I put aside 1 month’s worth of the cost for insurance in a sinking fund account, so when the come times to renew at six months, I have the money all ready to pay our agent.
I have found it definitely pays to check around when the time comes to renew your auto insurance! Last year I saved $318 dollars just by shopping around and making comparisons.
As you are comparing rates, have available a copy of your current policy, so you can compare apples to apples and get an accurate quote. You will need to know your current coverages and limits of liability consisting of the following:
- Liability bodily injury each person
- Liability bodily injury each accident
- Comprehensive coverage
- Collision coverage (you must have this if there is a lien on your vehicle)
- Property damage each accident
- Medical payments each person
- Uninsured motorists bodily injury each person
- Uninsured motorists bodily injury each accident
- Underinsured motorists bodily injury each person
- Underinsured motorists bodily injury per accident
Go Insurance Rates is a great way to comparison shop for auto insurance and it only takes a few minutes of your time to enter the information necessary to get an online quote to see if you can save money.