Are you starting to feel the Christmas spirit yet?
Of course the stores are all decked out, and certain radio stations are beginning to play Christmas songs on the radio. But before Christmas comes the biggest shopping day of the year: Black Friday. The day the retailers expect to break even, go “into the black”.
I remember the first year I’d ever heard of Black Friday. I was 16 years old, living with my foster family and I remember the excitement as we went to try and get deals at the Park Central Mall in Phoenix, Arizona (which is no longer a mall). This means Black Friday has been going on for over three decades that I know of personally. But since I’ve never been much of a shopper, I’ve opted to stay home most Black Fridays. I’ve shopped on Black Friday perhaps two or three times in my life. One year I went in search of the Nintendo Wii for my then teenaged son, AJ. What an adventure! We live 50 miles from the big city, and 25 miles from the nearest small town. I decided to go into Phoenix since I figured my options would be better there. I wasn’t in a position to camp out overnight so I went by several places and they all had long lines of people. The Nintendo Wii was very elusive that first year, and I can still remember how awful it felt to come home empty handed. I vowed I would never let myself be suckered into getting out there on Black Friday again.
I do however, love window shopping online, even if I usually don’t buy anything. Especially from Amazon, one of my favorite places to shop. If I’m looking for something, my first thought is to check Amazon. But first things first — I visit the site of one of my friends who is an Amazon affiliate so I can spread the Amazon love by first clicking through their Amazon affiliate link before making my way to Amazon to see if what I’m looking for is available. More often than not, Amazon has it, and at the best price. I’m also lucky in that there is an Amazon warehouse in Arizona, so shipping is usually very quick. But I also share Amazon Prime with my son AJ so almost anything I order arrives in two days. This week is Black Friday Week at Amazon and they are sure to have some awesome deals.
On Thanksgiving 2009, I got my camera from Amazon, a Coolpix L100Nikon Coolpix L100 for just $179.99! I have been pretty happy with my camera, especially at this great price.
Click here f you’re interested to see what Amazon has on sale this week or click the Black Friday ad above, or on my right menu bar and it will take you right to the specials.
Here are some other posts on Black Friday:
- Your Smart Money Moves Don’t Get Tricked on Black Friday
- Get Rich Slowly Ask the Reader Black Friday Shopping Secrets
- Bargain Babe: Newest Black Friday Ads & Black Friday Buying Guides
- Mint Life Top Ten Black Friday Shopping Tips
- PT Money 5 Tips to Help Tackle the Black Friday Shopping Madness
- Money Crashers Black Friday Shopping Guide 2011 – Best Deals and Sales
- The Digerati Life Black Friday Inspired Shopping Strategies
- Money Reasons A Blogging Black Friday Spending Spree
- Mint Life How Retailers Make the Most of Black Friday
- The Jenny Pincher I Don’t Do Black Friday Shopping
- One Cent at a Time Kathy, Cynthia, Joyce and Carmen Go Black Friday Shopping
Are you a Black Friday shopper?