Things have been hectic at the Accountability household in the last few weeks. With everything else I’m responsible for, when tax time comes around I have no spare time for anything so unfortunately reading other blogs had to go by the wayside for a time.
Anyway, I thought I’d put together a Friday Finds today since things have settled down a little bit. Just a wee bit, but enough to squeeze in reading a few other blogs!
- I was wondering How to Make A Deposit at an Online Checking Account, namely my ING Direct sub-accounts for which I’ve designated my online income, and PT Money answers the question for me, as well as for several other online banks.
- The Monevator tells us how to Earn More Money by Tackling Your Mental Beliefs. I know for myself personally, mental beliefs have long been a hindrance to my making more money. It took me a very long time to get over feeling guilty because of the wage I’m currently earning, and I’m making less than $40K a year!
- Life Insurance’s Recent Overhaul by Evolution of Wealth has prompted me to take a look at my current life insurance policy. I pay under $20 a month for… if I remember correctly, about $100,000 in coverage. I should look to see if that’s the best rate I can get, or maybe I can get more coverage for the same amount. Apparently rates have changed but the life insurance companies aren’t going to divulge this information to us unless we ask them about it.
- Bytta shares Day 28: The Most Anxious Time I Had in a Restaurant, a story about her first day using the cash system. I’d be a little anxious, too with the prices at that restaurant!
- As a blogger correspondent for the Childhood Hunger Ends Here campaign Kelly at The Centsible Life was invited to Los Angeles for an event where she got to visit the set of Desperate Housewives and also met David Arquette. Sounds like she had a lot of fun!
- Mrs. Money at Ultimate Money Blog has inspired me to try a green smoothie with her post How to Make a Green Smoothie. I have heard lots of good things about green smoothies, but just haven’t ever taken the time to figure out exactly how to make one. I will try one of these soon with my Magic Bullet!
- Not Made of Money tells us about The Downside to Store Credit Cards. I have signed up for a few stores, but usually only if it is a store I rarely shop. I haven’t in the last year, because I’ve wanted my credit score to rise without being dinged by credit checks.
- Narrow Bridge Adventures shares Four Reasons to Shred Those Credit Card Convenience Checks. I am glad that I have a shredder now, because I do just that!
How was your week? Did you finish your taxes, or did you end up filing an extension?