Have you been thinking about joining AAA?
I knew there were discounts for having a Triple A membership, but the last time I looked they were for things like car rentals, hotel stays, or trips to Disneyland. Then I read on a personal finance blog not too long ago (sorry I can’t remember who!) about some of the perks for being a member of AAA. Not to mention the peace of mind it brings, I was surprised to see how many offers the blogger mentioned, and decided to take a look for myself.
You could easily recoup your yearly membership, especially if you only require the “Classic” membership. Here are a few that caught my eye:
- If you attend movies regularly in the evening, AAA has a 10 pack for $66.00. Good for both Harkins or AMC Theatres and the price includes shipping and handling. Tickets are $6.50 each. You can also purchase single tickets at your local AAA office.
- You can save 10 to 20% at selected restaurants.
- 10% savings at BarnesandNoble.com
- 15% savings at GNC
- 50% savings on JC Penney portraits
- 5% savings at Kmart.com
- 30% savings at Pearle Vision
- 10% savings at target.com
This is the discount page for Arizona. You’ll want to go to AAA and put in your zip code to see what is available in your area.
I finally decided we need to have AAA (not ONLY for my peace of mind), and I’m putting aside savings each month to cover the renewal fees when they come due. We require the Plus membership since we live so far away from the big city. One tow home from the city would cost about the amount for one year’s membership, which comes to $200 for the three drivers in our home.
Oh, I should also mention, if you click through my link and join AAA, I will receive a $10 gift certificate which I can use for Membership renewal, AAA travel booking or Travel accessories from the AAA Travel Store.