I’ve lost a check. This isn’t the first time I’ve done this. This one is for $220!!!!!
I have these crystal clear memories of the check:
- opening the check when it arrived in the mail
- bringing it into the house with the rest of the mail
- our youngest son looking at it and asking about it
- Tuesday morning I thought I should get the check and get it into my purse so we could get it deposited into the bank
- I looked for the check, and found itstill with the rest of the mail sitting on the counter
- I remember thinking to myself, “Ah, there it is. I had better take this with us.”
After that, it’s like total amnesia. I have absolutely no memory of what I did with it, nor where I put it. The most likely place would have been my purse, my camera bag, or my “stuff” bag that I carry with me every day. I’ve been through all three bags and cannot find the check. It is driving me nuts wondering what I did with it. I’ve laid down and meditated on it, trying to retrace my steps. Mr. A and our youngest son have looked for it.
I’m to the point where I’m starting to think the memory of finding it, and actually picking it up must have been a dream. I must have been dreaming.
In the process of looking, I found two rebate checks!!! One ($12) has been sitting on my desk since the middle of May and expires in August. AGH! The other one (it just came the other day $9.99) I tucked under my mousepad (of all places!) I guess for safekeeping. I really know better than this!!
I am going to have to work harder to be mindful of my actions, and live in the moment. Apparently I’m like the Absent Minded Professor.
My boss gave me a real bank bag last week so I’d have someplace to put our checks and money for deposits. I had better start using it. Yikes.
Thank you for visiting Out of Debt Again! Subscribe to receive free email or RSS notifications and don’t miss anything!